NEW JITC CERTIFICATION
Click on the link below to learn more about the new certification
Department of Defense (DoD) Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC)
Nortel is the first networking vendor to provide an end-to-end VoIP solution certified by the US Defense Department Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC). JITC certification ensures products are secure, operate optimally in a multi-vendor environment, deliver exacting levels of performance under duress and offer other unique features and functionality required for national security.
The Defense Information System Agency (DISA) is responsible for certifying that all Defense Department C4I systems are interoperable. Specifically, DISA Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC)* certification is required for all voice networking equipment connecting to the U.S. Department of Defense core network. In December 2002 this requirement became law with the signing of Public Law 107-314, PDF SEC 353 (S348/H354).
JITC certified products* and JITC "intent-to-certify" products* include a wide range of Nortel offerings. Nortel was the first vendor to comply with the Generic Switching Center Requirements (GSCR) with the Meridian SL-100, a carrier-grade Private Branch Exchanges (PBXs) that is Internet Protocol-capable with the capacity of up to 80,000 lines. Nortel remains the leader in providing the broadest set of JITC-certified products.
Nortel Products that meet JITC requirements include:
- Succession 1000M: JITC interoperability-tested PDF IP PBX configuration includes the Succession 1000M, Ethernet Switch 460-24T-PWR, and the Ethernet Routing Switch 8600. This may be used for new system deployments, and existing Nortel Meridian systems may evolve to support Voice over IP with this configuration. JITC certification for this solution -- including both interoperability and information assurance -- was received in July, 2004.
- Meridian SL-100: Supports voice and data applications via advanced digital telephones and integrated voice and data terminals in large deployments (up to 80,000 lines.) The reliability of this carrier-grade PBX, with its unique military feature capabilities, has made it the premier telecommunications vehicle for the U.S. military and other organizations whose business requires the elimination of downtime.
- Meridian Systems Portfolio: Industry-leading Private Branch Exchanges (PBXs) with unique military feature capabilities that have evolved to support the integration of voice, data, video and image communications onto a single, powerful enterprise network with 99.999% reliability.
- Meridian 1 Option 11C: Ideal solution for single-site or networked enterprises up to 800 lines delivering unique military feature capabilities.
- Meridian 1 Option 61C: Carrier-grade platform with unique military feature capabilities for mid-sized deployments from 200 to 2000 lines.
- Meridian 1 Option 81C: Provides unique military feature capabilities for large enterprise networks with up to 16,000 lines.
- Multiservice Switch (MSS) 7400: Delivers high performance, cost saving implementation of access consolidation at speeds up to OC-3 plus backbone switching with support for ATM, frame relay, IP routing and switching, Multiprotocol Label Switching MPLS, circuit emulation, and voice services.
- Broadband Signal Transfer Point: Next-generation SS7 signaling engine, delivering carrier-grade performance in a highly-scalable, flexible, and IP-ready design.
Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS)
Network Security is more important than ever. As an IS manager, how can you ensure your network and network devices are secure? Under the Information Technology Management Reform Act (Public Law 104-106), the Secretary of Commerce approves standards and guidelines that are developed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) for Federal computer systems. These standards and guidelines are issued by NIST as Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) for use government-wide.
Nortel products that meet FIPS requirements include:
VPN Routers: Deliver security and IP services including routing, Virtual Private Network (VPN), firewall, policy management and Quality of Service (QoS) in a single integrated device, leveraging the cost advantages of the Internet while providing secure communications across the public IP infrastructure.
FIPS 140-1 Level 2 Validated VPN Router Products
- VPN Router 600 - Certification Number: 239
- VPN Router 1600 - Certification Number: 178
- VPN Router 2600 - Certification Number: 179
- VPN Router 4500 - Certification Number: 98
- VPN Router 4600 - Certification Number: 185
FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Validated VPN Router Products
- VPN Router 600, VPN Router 1700 and VPN Router 2700 - Certification Number: 379
- VPN Router 1700, VPN Router 2700 and VPN Router 5000 - Certification Number: 464
- VPN Client - Certification Number: 559
- VPN Router 600, 1700, 1750, 2700 and 5000 - Certification Number: 623
- VPN Router 1700, 1750, 2700 and 5000 with Hardware Accelerator - Certification Number: 624
- VPN Router 1750, 2700 and 5000 with VPN Router Security Accelerator - Certification Number: 625
Technology Integration Center (TIC)
The United States Information Systems Engineering Command (ISEC), Technology Integration Center (TIC) performs design, engineering, integration, development, sustainment, installation, testing, and acceptance of information systems for the U.S. Army.
Nortel products that meet Technology Integration Center (TIC) requirements include:
- Ethernet Routing Switch Series 8000: High-density, high-performance, reliable Layer 2-Layer 7 switching, routing and traffic classification for the wiring closet, network core or as customer premises equipment. TIC certified products include:
- Ethernet Switch Portfolio: The family of Nortel Ethernet Switches provides small and medium businesses and large enterprises high-throughput networking at low ownership cost per port. TIC certified products include:
- Ethernet Switch 460-24T-PWR is an IEEE P802.3af draft-compliant switch to power devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and net cameras.
- Ethernet Switch 470-24T is designed to provide high-density desktop connectivity for mid-size and large enterprise customers' wiring closets.
- Business Policy Switch is a high-density, stackable 24 Port 10/100 Ethernet Layer 2 Switch that delivers Layer 2/3/4 packet classification and prioritization to the desktop.
Common Criteria for Information Technology Security (CC)
With the current increased focus on the security of information systems and critical infrastructure, individuals, organizations and governments want to know if they can trust the claims that manufactures make on the strength of their security products.
Nortel supports the Common Criteria for Information Technology Security as an emerging standard to validate the security features and capabilities of products; it provides our customers with an internationally acceptable standard to discern the value of our products. It is useful as a guide for the development of products or systems with IT security functions and for the procurement of commercial products and systems with such functions.
Nortel products that have been certified under the Common Criteria include:
- Switched Firewall System: The Nortel Switched Firewall (NSF) system enables multi-gigabit firewall performance. With throughput performance exceeding 4 Gbps, the system is a tight coupling of two key components--a Switched Firewall Accelerator together with the Switched Firewall Director. The Switched Firewall system delivers best-of-breed security protection through tight integration with Check Point's FireWall-1. Next Generation softwareTM and SecureXL technology, making it one of the leading high performance firewalls on the market. The NSF is CC Certified at the Evaluation Assurance Level (EA)-4 Level.
Nortel products that are in process for certification under the Common Criteria include:
- VPN Routers: Nortel VPN Routers are the ideal solution for enterprises requiring secure, low-cost connectivity across the Internet or managed IP networks. The VPN Routers provide IP routing, VPN, stateful firewall, encryption, authentication, directory and policy services, QoS, and bandwidth management services in a single integrated platform. These devices provide a solution for small, medium, and large sites requiring Internet connectivity for both secure VPN communications and for basic IP/Internet access. The Nortel VPN Routers are being CC Certified to the EAL-4+ Level.