The Tolly Group strives to provide IT users and vendors alike with independent, objective, hands-on performance testing, benchmarking services and consulting designed to illuminate differences between strategic products/services and help IT buyers make informed technology decisions.
Nortelís Green IT environment: Nortelís Ethernet Routing Switch 2500/4500 series uses significantly less power than Cisco Catalyst 3560 G/E and 3570 G/E series or HP ProCurve 2600 series
Other available Tolly reports
- Ethernet Routing Switch 2526T & 2550T:
Competitive Performance Evaluation vs. Cisco Catalyst 2960-24T & 48T, and ProCurve Networking 2626 & 2650
In this report, the Tolly Group evaluates Nortelís Ethernet Routing Switch (ERS) 2500 to determine its frame forwarding rate, throughput and cost-per-Gigabit of throughput delivered as compared to Ciscoís Catalyst 2960-24T and 48T and ProCurve Networking 2626 and 2650.
- Nortel Application Switch 2424/3408, Evaluation of Resiliency and Load Balancing on a Network Supporting Microsoft Live Communications Server 2005
Nortel commissioned The Tolly Group to evaluate a converged network infrastructure for Enterprise users to illustrate the load balancing capabilities of its Nortel Application Switch 2424/3408.
- Converged Network Infrastructure: Evaluation of Resilience, Performance & Quality of Enterprise Infrastructure for Voice, Data and Video Services
We believe the Tolly Report will help you in designing or upgrading your network for the future by ensuring that the infrastructure delivers high performance, resiliency, QoS and availability required for the convergence of voice, video and data.
- TollyEdge White Paper Series: Benchmarking Strategies for Wired Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
This TollyEdge white paper explains what to look for in an IPS - in terms of protection, performance, ease of use and reliability, quantifying measures and benchmarks where possible, to help you decide how much software or other tools are required to adequately protect your network.
- Nortel Ethernet Routing Switch 5000 Series, Competitive Performance Evaluation versus Cisco Catalyst 3750G and HP ProCurve 3400cl
This third party Tolly Group report validates and highlights the superior performance and lower cost of ownership of 5000 Series switches versus Cisco Catalyst 3750G and HP ProCurve 3400cl switches.
- Nortel Secure Router 1002 and 1004, Competitive Performance Evaluation versus Cisco 1841, 2811 and 2821 Integrated Service Routers
Nortel commissioned The Tolly Group to evaluate the Nortel Secure Router 1004 and Secure Router 1002 wide-are network routers with integrated network services such as Quality of Service (QoS), IPSec VPN with on-board hardware acceleration, stateful firewall, Network Address Translation (NAT) and Access Control Lists (ACLs) for enterprises and service providers.
- Nortel Ethernet Routing Switch 5510, 5520, 5530 Layer2 Performance, Resiliency and Ease of Use
Nortel commissioned The Tolly Group to evaluate the Layer 2 switching performance, resiliency, and ease of use delivered by the company's stackable Ethernet Routing Switch 5510, 5520 and 5530.
- Nortel Secure Router 3120, Competitive Performance Evaluation versus Cisco Systems ISR 2821 and ISR 3825
Nortel commissioned The Tolly Group to evaluate the Nortel Secure Router 3120, a wide-area network router with integrated network services such as Quality of Service, Network Address Translation and Access Control Lists.
- Nortel Ethernet Routing Switch 8600 and Ethernet Routing Switch 5520/5530, Performance Evaluation of Nortel Resilient Terabit Cluster Solution
Nortel commissioned The Tolly Group to evaluate a combination of resilient hardware and software in the Nortel Ethernet Routing Switches 8600, 5530, and 5520.
- Nortel Secure Router 3120,Secure Router 3120, 1004 and 1002, Competitive Performance Evaluation versus ADTRAN NetVanta 4305, 3305 and 3200
Nortel commissioned The Tolly Group to evaluate a trio of its wide-area routers: the Nortel Secure Router 3120, Secure Router 1004 and Secure Router 1002 wide-are network routers with integrated network services such as Quality of Service, IPSec VPN with on-board hardware acceleration, stateful firewall, Network Address Translation and Access Control Lists for enterprises and service providers.
- Nortel VPN Gateway 3070 SSL VPN Throughput, Scalability and Voice Quality Benchmark Evaluation
Nortel commissioned The Tolly Group to evaluate the Nortel VPN Gateway 3070, an enterprise-class device that combines support for IPSec and SSL VPNs into single device.
- White Paper - Building a World-Class VPN Solution to Meet Today's Needs - and Tomorrow's
This Nortel-focused white paper examines the market trends shaping the adoption of Secure Socket layer (SSL) VPNs, and specifically how Nortel is approaching the market with its VPN Gateway 3070.
- White Paper: Independent Assessment of Nortel Networks Meridian 1 PBX Conversion to Succession 1000M IP PBX
Nortel Networks commissioned The Tolly Group to observe and to validate the migration of a Meridian 1 PBX to the Succession 1000M IP PBX. This hands-on exercise, conducted at The Tolly Group's facilities in Boca Raton, Florida, provides Meridian 1 owners with a view into an actual migration from a Meridian 1 to a Succession 1000M. The goal was simple: Chronicle the effort required to transition the Meridian 1 to the Succession 1000M, plus identify the hardware and software components that are necessary to make the migration a success.
- Nortel Networks Layer 2 Interoperability Evaluation for BayStack and Cisco Catalyst Switches
Nortel Networks commissioned The Tolly Group to evaluate the Layer 2 interoperability of the Nortel BayStack 425, 470, 460 and 5510 switches in a network alongside Cisco Catalyst 4500 and Catalyst 6500 switches to reveal the depth of interoperability each switch provides.